The Lambda Jam videos will be released on InfoQ, one per week on the following schedule:
Week of / video
- July 15th - Data, Visibility, Abstraction - Stuart Sierra
- July 22nd - Enabling Microservice Architectures with Scala - Kevin Scaldeferri
- July 29th - Copious Data, the "Killer App" for Functional Programming - Dean Wampler
- Aug 5th - Systems that run forever self-heal and scale - Joe Armstrong
- Aug 12th - Functional Reactive Programming in the Netflix API - Ben Christensen
- Aug 19th - Functional Async Without the Pain - Jim Powers
- Aug 26th - Functional Composition - Chris Ford
- Sept 2nd - Programming for the Expression of Ideas - Gerald Sussman
- Sept 9th - The Joy of Flying Robots with Clojure - Carin Meier
- Sept 16th - Protocols, Functors, and Type Classes - Creighton Kirkendall
- Sept 23rd - Living in a Post-Functional World - Danield Spiewak
- Sept 30th - Everything I Have Learned I Have Learned From Someone Else - David Nolen
Earlier this year I started working on a new conference to bring together commercial functional programmers from a variety of language communities. I didn't want just a conference of sitting and listening, but rather a conference with significant amounts of hands-on working and learning as well. Lambda Jam is the result of these ideas.
As I began talking about this conference, I discovered that Dave Thomas (well known for his work with the YOW!, JAOO, and GOTO conferences) was also interested in developing this idea for locations outside the US. Dave and I have joined forces and have two events confirmed and under way for 2013 (and one more possibly in the works). We are both really excited to be making this idea a reality!
Lambda Jam - Brisbane, Australia
Dave Thomas is coordinating YOW! Lambda Jam Australia. This event will take place May 15-17, 2013 in Brisbane. More details will be coming in the near future. May 15th will be workshops with the conference on May 16th-17th.
Lambda Jam - Chicago, Illinois
I am coordinating the first Lambda Jam in the US. It will take place July 8-10 at the InterContinental Hotel in Chicago, IL. Planning is in the early stages but the first confirmed keynote speaker is Joe Armstrong, creator of Erlang. Each day of the conference will consist of multi-track sessions in the morning, workshops and "jams" in the afternoon, and a keynote at the end of day.
Stay tuned! We hoped to have lots more to say in the new year. Follow us on Twitter at @lambdajam!
- Alex Miller (@puredanger)
While we're working towards a final contract for Lambda Jam in Chicago, we have some exciting news!
We are partnering with YOW! to bring you Lambda Jam Australia coming in May 2013! There is a terrific community of functional programmers in Australia and we don't want to leave them out of the fun. We hope to have some more details soon.